TwinMOS Fully Buffered DIMM (FB-DIMM) technology is a new memory architecture that addresses the scaling needs of both capacity and bandwidth in enterprise platforms replacing earlier parallel-based systems. FB-DIMM provides significant capacity and bandwidth improvements over existing DDR-2 based systems. FB-DIMM also provides enhanced RAS capabilities, a key requirement for server platforms.
As with nearly all RAM specifications, the FB-DIMM specification was published by JEDEC. TwinMOS offers well-established FB-DIMM solutions to provide premium products and superior post-delivery services to customers.
• 240pin fully buffered dual in-line memory module
• 3.2Gb/s, 4.0Gb/s link transfer rate
• 1.8V +/- 0.1V Power Supply for DRAM VDD/VDDQ
• 1.5V +/- 0.075V Power Supply for AMB VCC
• 3.3V +/- 0.3V Power Supply for VDDSPD
• Buffer Interface with high-speed
• point-to-point Link at 1.5 volt
• Channel error detection & reporting
• Channel fail over mode support
• Serial presence detect with EEPROM
• Posted CAS
• Programmable CAS Latency : 3, 4, 5
• Automatic DDR2 DRAM bus and channel calibration
• MBIST and IBIST Test functions
• Hot add-on and Hot Remove Capability
• Transparent mode for DRAM test support
• Support ECC Function.